It’s Election Day — are you nervous? Anxious? A bit too excited?
We can’t blame you. It’s the culmination of months years of hype, anticipation, horse racing, hair pulling, future defining, rape redefining … OK, we’re gonna need a minute. Why don’t you check out these super-silly election-related items:
- Jimmy Fallon’s “Extreme” campaign ad, supposedly directed at young voters, is hilarious. “OBAMA WILL BE THERE! ROMNEY WILL BE THERE! BIG BIRD WILL BE LOOKING AT A BINDER FULL OF WOMEN WHILE CHOMPING ON A CORN DOG!”
- Voting Texts from Moms: “Your Dad was screaming at all our neighbors tonight, trying to change minds to no avail. You would have been proud.”
- The Best of Vintage Rock the Vote Ads: Coolio is possessed. Do not be alarmed.
- “Vote, but Gangnam Style!” is about the best possible misheard lyric here. By the good people at Hoodie Vote.
- The Onion takes youth civic participation down a peg: “Enthusiasm of 18-Year-Old First-Time Voter Completely Unbearable“
- Guys, guys, guys! Don’t instagram your ballot! But DO have a good laugh at Sean Hannity for doing so.
And perhaps most importantly:
- If the Kardashians voted, so can you. Seriously, people.